Social Saturday 17
A day to celebrate social enterprise!
Social Saturday 2017
Saturday 14th October will be the fourth Social Saturday - a day to celebrate and raise awareness of social enterprise within towns, cities and villages across the country.
Social Saturday is a platform on which social enterprises can promote and sell their products and services, as well as raise awareness of the work of the sector through activities and events. It's a fantastic opportunity for social enterprises to take part in a national campaign and use it to both raise their own profile and that of the wider movement.
How you get involved is entirely up to you whether that's putting on an event, having a Social Saturday discount, or opening up your premises to the public for a day. You can focus your activity on Social Saturday, or in the week leading up to the 14th of October.
Below are just a handful of examples of what happened last year:
- Social enterprises in Bristol joined together to create a social enterprise marketplace outside Bristol Temple Meads Station.
- Oxfordshire put on a whole week of events featuring social enterprises in the county.
- Norwich put on a social enterprise celebration featuring knowledge sharing sessions, craft workshops, food and refreshments.
- Social enterprises in Loughborough teamed up to put on a lunch made from food waste.
- There was a Social Saturday fun-day at a community farm in Bournemouth featuring farm walks, a BBQ and tractor rides!
More information about Social Saturday 2017 can be found on SEUK's new campaign website.
Let us know what you are planning by contacting SEUK at email@example.com. and SEEE at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you can help us build on the successes of the last three years and make Social Saturday 2017 the best one yet.