Opportunities in social enterprise
Volunteer opportunity - YourOwn Place
Wonderful opportunity to become a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor- gain new skills, meet like-minded people and make a difference in your community.
Moving to independence is a really big step for any young person. Even more so if you've been in care, don't have lots of support or are struggling on a low income. A mentor can help to bridge the gap and be someone to chat to confidentially about goals, aspirations and difficulties along the way.
If you would like to become a mentor …
We offer you
- a fun and interactive two-day training course covering topics such as what mentoring is and isn't, listening and questioning skills, using an asset based approach, money skills exercises and child/vulnerable adult protection
- a certificate, lots of on-going support, peer encouragement, further training and celebration events and the satisfaction of helping someone else.
We ask that you
- will undertake a DBS check and short interview before we carefully match you to a mentee
- preferably meet with your mentee weekly and no less than fortnightly. The early days are critical to building a relationship and making it work
- remember the mentee is in charge of the relationship and decides what they want help with, they have the answers to their own issues they just need you to help them tease out the details or act as a sounding board
- undertake a final questionnaire to help us evaluate our services.
Apply to be a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor here.
Herts Independent Living (HILS)
HILS are looking to fill a variety of roles. For more information visit here