Job opportunities in social enterprise
CATERING AND HOSPITALITY TRAINER
Fixed term one-year contract
£18,000-£20,000 dependent on experience
The Feed Academy is our training programme for people who have faced homelessness, ex-offenders, people with drug and alcohol misuse histories and people with mental health problems and other major barriers to employment.We aim to make The Feed a strong and growing training provider, specialising in working with food, hospitality, customer services and personal development. Our training must be fun and motivating.We need a Trainer to work with The Feed Academy Coordinator. We have a high demand so ideally need someone fulltime. Some evening and weekend work will also be required.You must be able to motivate and inspire our trainees. This will include teaching cookery skills, but also teaching a wide variety of other personal and career development skills.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer opportunity - YourOwn Place
Wonderful opportunity to become a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor- gain new skills, meet like-minded people and make a difference in your community.
Moving to independence is a really big step for any young person. Even more so if you've been in care, don't have lots of support or are struggling on a low income. A mentor can help to bridge the gap and be someone to chat to confidentially about goals, aspirations and difficulties along the way.
If you would like to become a mentor …
We offer you
- a fun and interactive two-day training course covering topics such as what mentoring is and isn't, listening and questioning skills, using an asset based approach, money skills exercises and child/vulnerable adult protection
- a certificate, lots of on-going support, peer encouragement, further training and celebration events and the satisfaction of helping someone else.
We ask that you
- will undertake a DBS check and short interview before we carefully match you to a mentee
- preferably meet with your mentee weekly and no less than fortnightly. The early days are critical to building a relationship and making it work
- remember the mentee is in charge of the relationship and decides what they want help with, they have the answers to their own issues they just need you to help them tease out the details or act as a sounding board
- undertake a final questionnaire to help us evaluate our services.
We will be running one of our excellent training courses
- 10th & 11th July in Thetford
- 18th & 19th July in Great Yarmouth
- 1st & 2nd August in Cromer
- 15th & 16th August in Norwich
- 11th & 12th September in Lowestoft
- 25th & 26th September in Ipswich
- 10th & 11th October in Norwich
- 30th & 31st October in Stowmarket
- 20th & 21st November in Ipswich
- 4th & 5th December in Norwich
Apply to be a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor here.
Herts Independent Living (HILS)
HILS are looking to fill a variety of roles. For more information visit here