Job opportunities in social enterprise
The post holder will lead the strategic development of the local Pregnancy Pal and Birth Buddy volunteer programme that we operate in South Essex.
Parents 1st specialises in volunteering and peer support during pregnancy, labour and birth, and the early months of becoming a parent. The benefits can be life changing for both the volunteers and the vulnerable parents they support.
This new post offers an ideal opportunity for development into your first Chief Executive role. You will work alongside the current Chief Executive towards full responsibility, within 6 months of appointment, for the overall management of the local Parents 1st South Essex Charity, ensuring the highest standards of health, parenting and business practice.
You will be passionate about the power of peer support during pregnancy, birth and beyond. Your ability to motivate and inspire others will be second to none.
This is a full-time post. In recognition of the dual role of this post, covering both maternity care/parenting expertise and business management, the trustees will consider job share applications.
Closing date for applications is the 26th of November.
Foundation East a non-profit Responsible Finance Provider are advertising for the above position.
Volunteer opportunity - YourOwn Place
Wonderful opportunity to become a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor- gain new skills, meet like-minded people and make a difference in your community.
Moving to independence is a really big step for any young person. Even more so if you've been in care, don't have lots of support or are struggling on a low income. A mentor can help to bridge the gap and be someone to chat to confidentially about goals, aspirations and difficulties along the way.
If you would like to become a mentor …
We offer you
- a fun and interactive two-day training course covering topics such as what mentoring is and isn't, listening and questioning skills, using an asset based approach, money skills exercises and child/vulnerable adult protection
- a certificate, lots of on-going support, peer encouragement, further training and celebration events and the satisfaction of helping someone else.
We ask that you
- will undertake a DBS check and short interview before we carefully match you to a mentee
- preferably meet with your mentee weekly and no less than fortnightly. The early days are critical to building a relationship and making it work
- remember the mentee is in charge of the relationship and decides what they want help with, they have the answers to their own issues they just need you to help them tease out the details or act as a sounding board
- undertake a final questionnaire to help us evaluate our services.
We will be running one of our excellent training courses
- 11th & 12th September in Lowestoft
- 25th & 26th September in Ipswich
- 10th & 11th October in Norwich
- 30th & 31st October in Stowmarket
- 20th & 21st November in Ipswich
- 4th & 5th December in Norwich
Apply to be a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor here.
Herts Independent Living (HILS)
HILS are looking to fill a variety of roles. For more information visit here