Building on our Moving into Management course
Whether you are working with volunteers or paid staff, having an effective team around you is crucial. Ignoring your role as a team leader can lead to de-motivated individuals that do not feel part of the organisation and consequently do not perform.
This workshop will look at what it takes to lead an effective team and how you can get the best out of the people in it by understanding the role of leader, both personally and from the point of view of the team.
- The qualities of an effective leader and how to benchmark yourself against those qualities and develop actions to improve
- Identifying the difference between leading and managing
- Considering the value of sharing the organisational vision with the team and developing team goals based on the organisation's vision
- Motivating team members by understanding their drivers and developing actions to support them
- How to deal with team members who seem "difficult" and how to challenge team members in a meaningful and effective way
- The use of coaching skills to support team effectiveness
Benefits to you
By attending this session you will gain a better understanding of your role as a team leader and be able to implement tools and techniques to support you to be as effective as possible in this role.