30/01/2018 - Funding Essentials - Stevenage
Organised by HCF
10.00 to 16.00
Who the course is for
Generating funding is challenging, competitive and takes time - so increase your chances of success by developing your skills.
Are you new to fundraising and want to know where to start? Or maybe you have had a go but are wondering why your bids are unsuccessful.
This course is for staff, trustees and volunteers working in voluntary and community organisations - particularly suitable for those targeting smaller/local sources of grant funding (up to £10k).
This one day course will provide information, hands-on practice and useful resources to take away. It will include:
- Planning and preparing for your fundraising activity
- Searching for relevant funding for your project
- Writing effective applications and letters
- Monitoring and reporting to funders; demonstrating impact
By completing this course you will:
- Be able to describe your service and design/plan your project
- Know where to find appropriate grant funders and explore other ways of generating income
- Understand what funders are looking for and how to approach the key application questions
- Develop an action plan to help you and your organisation improve your future chances of success
Kate works as the Funding & Development Services Manager at CVS St Albans. She has spent the last eight years immersed in the St Albans voluntary sector and has helped a wide variety of groups develop fundraising strategies, find suitable funding opportunities and create grant applications.
£35 VCS - CVS members
£45 VCS - non members