Strong governance includes financial accountability for trustees
A half day course for trustees who are either new to trusteeship or who have had little experience in finance. The session will look at aspects of budgeting, monitoring cash flow, reading management accounts and ensuring financial probity. It will also consider the trustees' responsibilities towards fundraising and funding bids.
- financial and fundraising responsibilities
- preparation and monitoring an annual budget and a cash flow
- recognising some of the cost headings that are sometimes forgotten
- how to read management accounts
- principles and practicalities of full cost recovery
- what needs to be done to prepare the annual accounts
- ensuring that your organisation works to ethical fundraising practices
Benefits to you
Attending this course will help you and the organisation you represent to ensure that good governance guidelines in this vital area are met.
It is recommended that participants bring calculators with them. You may also wish to bring copies of funding bids you are currently writing, so that during the morning you can refer to these.