The concept of CambridgeSoup is simple; people come to share their ideas, eat soup, discuss and vote. The winning project takes home the proceeds from the £5 door charge, and comes back next time to tell us how they got on.
The events facilitate seed funding and micro-crowdfunding for small start-up businesses, groups and ventures that are working for social good in the local community and the wider City of Cambridge. This exciting new approach provides a unique opportunity to effect the changes you want to see in your community, and to support the businesses you would like to see thrive.
How much is it?
The cover charge is £5 per person, this buys you your soup, some bread and a vote! The proceeds from the cover will make up the 'prize fund' for the winning project.
What will happen?
- After you arrive and take your seats, four local community based ventures will pitch their ideas for four minutes each, followed by a quickfire Q&A.
- Following the presentations the soup will be served, giving you a chance to discuss the merits of each proposal and get to know your neighbours.
- After dinner, the audience will vote to determine which project is the winner.
- The winner the take the proceeds from the £5 door entry fees to work on their project.
- Next time, the previous winners will be invited back to let us know how they got on!
This exciting new event provides a unique opportunity to effect the changes you want to see in your community, and to support the businesses you would like to see thrive.
Where is it?
The event will take place at The Community Space: Norfolk Street Enterprise Centre, 47 Norfolk St, Cambridge, CB1 2LD
Who can present a project?
Anyone who wants to make a difference in Cambridge. If you are interested in pitching your idea please apply here.
Who is organising the event?
The event is organised by Allia and supported by Future Business Centre Cambridge and Cambridge City Council.
How do I get tickets?